Monday, 30 January 2017

WHITEBOARD WORK

During one year 7 lesson I worked on the white board, creating large Mars1 type shapes. I was asked to work slowly and steadily throughout the lesson so that the pupils could see both, the way in which Mars1 worked and what type of drawing he achieved. Occasionally others (Y13s and teachers) came over to add to my drawing, similar to how Mars1 works in a festival tent or large public event - Mars 1 has others work with him, for him and for themselves.



Just using my imagination I wanted to challenge my knowledge of shape and movement and of Mars1. Using things I have learnt already I had 40 minutes to see what I can produce in this time using one whiteboard pen!. Looking back, I needed to try and create deep perspective or shapes with movement and tried freehand to create optical illusion. I think that as a large sketch the perspective came from overlapping forms to sit some behind others, shading and shadows in the cross hatching.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment