Monday, 30 January 2017

MY FINAL PIECE DEVELOPING

MY MAIN PIECE

Firstly I created a background by using black poster paint, a mix of acrylic and emulsion. I mixed black and a little bit of white to create a dark grey because I wanted drips and brush marks similar to Mars1. I then knew it was important I got a massive brush and dipped it into red and gold and swept this across the surface to show movement and almost air similar to a galaxy which gives my background an interesting surface.


MARS 1 DEVELOPING

I created shapes using the brush, I created massive swirls. These were going to contain smaller elements such as the isometric snakes and optical illusions. Things were looking messy and I wanted to control some focal points and create neat detailed areas.

Things were looking top heavy I needed to draw the eye to the bottom and created the DNA shape.  The circle perspective allows for some curvilinear shape. I didn't have any. It is not quite centre but it is in the foreground and will probably remain there. It overlaps everything else. The vase in the top left is static like a Fiona Rae shape and pouring from it is a stream, through the spheres and around.


SPRAY CAN

There is a softness about Mars 1 which I was lacking, every different part on my piece was strong to look at and lacked a blending in technique. Using spray paints I was able to soften areas I thought were too sharp to look at. I used colours such as white, grey and black. I made sure the spray can when using was away from the piece to ensure it didn't actually cover any of the detail I have added. Using the spray cans gave another level to the piece which made the stand out designs I made come behind to try and balance the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment