Tuesday, 4 October 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY

The pen provides one point perspective, however the table provides two, so I explored this in my sketch pad.








One point perspective of a pencil


Instead of just taking simple photographs, I wanted to create perspective in my shots. I liked the idea that I might be able to use the shots as part of my own work. I wanted to draw into my photographs to show the points of perspective. I hope that my own work has depth through perspective but I hope to break the rules by trying different angles.

I wanted to play games with my photography even more. I tried using mirrors for reflection and found backgrounds on which to place simple objects. I was interested in both black,  white and colour and to start with the idea of ‘the importance of colour’ was in my mind.  I arranged colouring pencils in a shiny reflective jar. The black of the colouring pencil body, created strong lines and began to play perspective games.

I enhanced some of my photographs to get even more brilliant colour and I heightened the contrast. These images could of course end up somewhere in my final piece but at this stage I don’t know how.


I especially love the photographs which explore one point perspective, which your eye is led to the centre.




Using photography to create perspective, inspired by Mars 1

No comments:

Post a Comment