This
summer I went to Birmingham to visit art galleries. The BMAG displays lots of traditional work. However, two
rooms were more modern, rooms 21 and 22.
I
also visited the Ikon, which was in my opinion fascinating, showing unusual thought provoking pieces of work. There were some brilliant artists,
Jesse Bruton was a favourite, the works of art were enormous and the artists work was situated in most of the top floor rooms. All black/grey with maybe one line only. This was weird and
exciting. I liked the different textures and even when they were smooth they appeared to have texture. I think that I will explore painted,
non-textured work but I did like the energy his work created. People were
literally sat in the gallery and just staring! Each painting was like a
big, massive rectangle with just a simple, flowing, horizontal line. The line
was like a road and people looked like they were almost mediating. I especially
loved the scale of the work and I intend making large creations this year.
|
Friday, 23 September 2016
GALLERIES VISITED
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment